Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Adaptation of the poem "Where The Mind Is Without Fear"

Where the mind is without fear
and the head is held high.
Where honesty rises above
the petty and the great
needs for lies.

Where the world has not been broken
by narrow domestic walls.
Where the pursuit of happiness
isn't just a fake promise
but a right for all.

Where words come out
from the depth of truth.
The stream of knowledge
and the fire of reason
shape wisdom, invigorate youth.

Where the moral arch of justice
doesn't need to bend anymore.
Where peace within self
and harmony with others
is what everyone strives for.

Take me to that place
where I may live
with all my imperfections
without the lies.
Where I don't need to cocoon
like a caterpillar.
Let me be the butterfly.
I will dive in the ocean
and I will sail the sky
where the mind is without fear
and the head is held high


**********************


Original Version by Rabindranath Tagore:
Where The Mind Is Without Fear
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.


No comments:

Post a Comment