Monday, October 14, 2013

Darktsy


Sleepy sky, blankets of cloud,
like some black Muslim veil.
Moments ago it was all shiny
Now its dark like a dark tale.

I lay out my canvas,

and pick my painting brush.
Wonder how I draw a rosy picture,
when dirt, filth, and rust,
are all the colors I got.

Seasons come and seasons go,

wounds will heal, but scars can grow.
We do so many wrongs,
even when we know what's right.
Spare a right to this wounded warrior,
Please don't preach me how to fight.

Sometimes you gotta take the charge,

Other times let destiny be your guide.
Sometimes you punch the perpetual critics,
Other times you just have to swallow your pride.
But don't tell me to write a love song,
when it is raining like this outside,
when even living feels like a thing to decide.

Image Source: http://slimyyetsatisfying.deviantart.com/art/Myself-Drawing-Me-26476918

No comments:

Post a Comment