Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer 2014

It was a summer of craziness, a time old friendships were cherished, celebrated, and new ones bloomed. Mediocre attempts at artistry and exuberant amounts of intoxication constantly distracted the focus of life. Grand ideas and aims were nurtured that lasted only for moments until the harsh reality of my own character crushed them into dust that blew away with the humid winds of July. Obsession over someone, meaningless revelries, derivation of worthless feelings of joy and pain from trivial events persisted almost till the end before the sight of the road ahead crashed the bubble. Every summer changes a person, this one was no exception. More than anything, this summer brought me close to myself. It revealed to me in all its inglorious form, the fragile state of my mind, my vulnerability, and the frailty of the ties that weave me with the people in my life. I hope I can carry this understanding of my imperfections and this sense of self-awareness into the coming fall, winter, and life ahead. One swallow doesn't make a summer. One summer shouldn't break a person. Cheers to a summer in which I almost lost myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment