Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Words and feelings

Late in the evening
of a dying day in fall,
aware, I may lose a part of me,
afraid, I may lose it all.
I scratch my brains 
for the words 
struggling to come out.
I arrest the feelings 
that have started to
cry out aloud.
Hush! I tell ‘em,
don’t you be so restless.
Wisdom is to wait for the moment,
you don’t even know 
what you might have to face.

Enough of this already, feelings say,
listen Mr poet wannabe!
enough with your words,
it’s time for you to set us free.
Words only paint you
the way you want to be seen.
We are your true self,
your being, essence, and your belief.

Hold on you lil’ rascals!
you need to mature and grow old.
Till the time, enjoy the confinement,
do just as you are told.
I will be ready one fine day.
I will face the world as I will say,
you are my feelings,
you are part of me.
You are my feelings
you are all of me.
Till then spare me my comfort,
be it as fake as you claim it to be.

I look around me,
no traces of sunlight. 
The evening is all gone,
let me welcome the night.
Deeper I could have gone, 
but I say to myself, 
I’ve already been too deep,
and with a stone in my heart, 
I put all my feelings to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment